If you are creative and able to use innovative design to create robust, durable and sustainable constructions then a career with Modularize, off-site construction design experts, may be for you.
A superb opportunity for an experienced Architectural Technologist to join the design team of the UK’s top off-site construction design experts. The company is well established within the off-site construction sector and are considered leading experts in this field.
Additionally, the company offers excellent career progression opportunities and requires their staff to be strongly career motivated.
The role will be based out of our Liverpool office and you will be simultaneously involved in multiple projects. There are many projects currently ongoing within the UK and internationally
You will be undertaking a key role in the delivery of projects; producing technical working drawing packages; providing technical support to the design engineers; liaising with clients, design consultants and contractors.
Work activities can vary depending on the project, but typical responsibilities and duties for the role will include:
- understand how the design aspects of a construction project influence and relate to performance and functional issues, so that practical questions can be addressed at the outset;
- evaluate and advise on environmental, legal and regulatory issues;
- develop project briefs and work on these as the project progresses;
- prepare and present design proposals using computer-aided design (CAD) and other design software, as well as traditional drawing methods;
- liaise with appropriate authorities (e.g. planning enquiries and building inspectors) when producing documentation for statutory approval;
- produce, analyse and advise on detailed specifications for best/most suitable materials or processes to be used in relation to off-site construction;
- identifying location benefits and environmental impacts, designing for sustainable, modern construction;
- analysing architectural plans and drawings, highlighting any possible risks or problems, collaborating on resolution of issues, and making amendments using Revit;
- management of architectural BIM model and co-ordination of suppliers and other consultant’s BIM models;
- specify appropriate technology and tools to be used in the project and advising where this requires deviation from initial design plans;
- liaise with architects, surveyors and other construction professionals to ensure the overall design intent is met;
- participate in detailed design process, including production and co-ordination of design information;
- developing 3D visualisations including animations;
- architectural detailing of buildings, specifically for off-site construction;
- developing conceptual products and systems through to manufacture and installation on site.
40 hours per week. Working hours are typically 9am to 5pm although extra hours, including work at weekends, are often required, especially as deadlines approach. We operate flexible working hours with core office hours required.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- proven and extensive relevant experience preferably in off-site construction;
- leadership skills and a willingness to take on responsibility;
- good communication skills, as interaction with other professionals, authorities and clients occurs frequently;
- the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team;
- ability to work to programme and agreed deadlines;
- a logical and practical approach as well as an ability to solve problems;
- an eye for detail and design, and ability to visualise objects in three dimensions (3D);
- planning and organisation skills, and ability to learn quickly;
- sound technical background;
- knowledge of all current construction regulations;
- an enthusiasm to produce technical details;
- a real passion to progress your career and personal skill set in off-site construction, with the drive to lead and be willing to take ownership of the role.
Competitive salary dependant on experience.
If you are a talented and ambitious Architectural Technologist that wants to build your expertise and make a real difference, please apply using the details provided.
Job Type: Full-time
- Revit: 3 years (Required)
- Diploma of Higher Education (Required)